[Owasp-ireland] Chapter Meetings

Conor Mc Goveran conor.mcgoveran at onformonics.com
Thu Mar 5 16:07:20 EST 2009

Perhaps I can contribute a mono-bit. I thought perhaps something on the
subject of how to design secure web applications? Since all things start
with design, no matter how informal would it be useful to look at the
typical way a web application is created and then to pick this apart and
show how the security flaws are introduced?
./C

2009/3/4 davidrook <david.rook at realexpayments.com>

> Its starting to look very good Eoin!
>
> Shall we try and get a chapter meeting next month then? I think we have
> to potential topics, the guys from IRISS and Blind SQL Injection?
>
> Dave
>
> Eoin wrote:
> > David,
> > I'd gladly tell you what I know regarding the OWASP Ireland 2009 Event:
> >
> > Confirmed International Speakers:
> >
> > Rogan Dawes (Corsaire) Title:HTTP Caching
> >
> > Andreas Fuchsberger (Microsoft) Title: TBA
> >
> > Danny Allan (IBM)  Title: TBA
> >
> > Justin Clarke (Gotham Digital Science) Title: TBA
> >
> > Tom Brennan (OWASP) Title: "OWASP State of the Nation"
> >
> > Dave Wichers (OWASP) Title: "Tales from the Battlefield" - .Net/Java
> > Security
> >
> > Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman Title: PGP Egniform
> >
> > Prof. Ian Angell (LSE)  Title: TBA
> >
> > Marco Morana Title: "Threat Modeling"
> >
> > Other speakers have to be confirmed and also we have a number of great
> local
> > speakers.
> >
> > I am organising training sessions and depending on interest they should
> > consist of full-day sessions on the 9th (Day prior to the event).
> >
> > Food/Beer/Milk is organised. :)
> >
> > Free OWASP materials are be be supplied to attendees such as books, etc.
> >
> > ek
> >

> > 2009/3/3 David Lowry <david.james.lowry at gmail.com>
> >

> >> All the suggestions so far sound good to me. Eoin would you be able to
> >> give an update on the plans for OWASP Ireland 2009? It would be
> >> interesting to hear what is likely to be covered. It may even lead to
> >> some discussions around interesting presentation topics.
> >>
> >> Dave
> >>
> >> 2009/3/3 davidrook <david.rook at realexpayments.com>:
> >>  > How about Blind SQL injection? I think you gave a quick overview of
> it

> >> topics/speakers

> >> chapter"

> them

> >> present?

> >> topics,

> >> community

> >> there

> >> I've

> >> planned

> every
> >>>>>>>
> >> 2-3

> >> www.realexpayments.com

> is
> >>>>>>>
> >> and

> indicated.
> >>>>>>>
> >> If

> >> disclose,

> >> have

> delete

> www.realexpayments.com

> >> office

> and
> >>>>>
> >> are

> >> If you

> >> disclose,

> have
> >>>>>
> >> all

> >> www.realexpayments.co.uk

> >> office at Castlecourt, Monkstown Farm, Monkstown, Co. Dublin, Ireland
> and is
> [...]

Conor Mc Goveran,
Managing Director,
Onformonics Ltd.

Onformonics Ltd, Mount Carmel Hse, Firhouse Rd, Dublin 24, Ireland.
Company Reg: 45503
VAT: 9682767B

Ph:        +353-14407576
Mobile:  +353-872038598