[Owasp-ireland] Security Testing issue of Testing Experience Magazine published

Eoin eoin.keary at owasp.org
Tue Jun 2 06:22:56 EDT 2009

Hi Marian

This sounds very interesting. Is this magazine focusing on security or
application testing in general?

>From experience anti virus is a very useful layer in preventing an internal
attack i.e. Planting stealth software on target PC's with the aim of
obtaining domain controller credentials.

In many cases if the enterprise has  decent anti virus controls enabled the
ability for an internal attacker to proliferate malware internally with the
aim to accessing tangible data which could be used for identify theft or to
sell on the black market is reduced, the attack footprint is reduced.

Would you like to present at a chapter meeting or  at the OWASP Ireland
event in September? Send me an email offline if you wish to do so.

Do you have empirical data on your research which you can share?

Eoin

--
Eoin Keary CISSP CISA
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Ireland_AppSec_2009_Conference

OWASP Code Review Guide Lead Author
OWASP Ireland Chapter Lead
OWASP Global Committee Member (Industry)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes