[Owasp-ireland] Heartland Breach: Bigger than TJX?

davidrook david.rook at realexpayments.com
Wed Jan 28 03:44:23 EST 2009

It certainly has the potential to be bigger than TJX but no one knows
for sure at the moment. They process 100m+ transactions per month but
they aren't all affected judging by some of the press stories I have
read. As with any PSP they will process a wide range of transaction
types and I believe it was only their standard authorisation
transactions that have been affected.

Tough times for Trustwave at the moment though, they certified
Heartlands and RBS Worldpay - both have announced data breaches within
the past month.

Dave

David Rook | david.rook at realexpayments.com
Security Analyst

Realex Payments
Enabling thousands of businesses to sell online.

Castlecourt, Monkstown Farm, Monkstown, Co Dublin, Ireland
|t: +353 1 2808559 | f: +353 1 2808538  | www.realexpayments.com

1 Lyric Square, London W6 0NB
t: +44 203 1785370 | f: +44 207 6917264  | www.realexpayments.co.uk

27 avenue de l'Opéra, 75001 Paris.
t: +33 (0)1 70 38 51 37  | f: +33 (0)1 70 38 51 51

Visit our other Realex Payments websites:
www.airlinepayments.com
www.sepa.ie

Pay and Shop Limited, trading as Realex Payments has its registered office at Castlecourt, Monkstown Farm, Monkstown, Co. Dublin, Ireland and is registered in Ireland, company number 324929.

This mail and any documents attached are classified as confidential and are intended for use by the addressee(s) only unless otherwise indicated. If you are not an intended recipient of this email, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part of it. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete all copies of this email from your computer system(s).