[Owasp-ireland] "Dangerous coding errors revealed"

Brian Honan brian.honan at bhconsulting.ie
Tue Jan 13 18:12:48 EST 2009

Dave

Interesting thoughts.

My initial thinking when I saw the list was that this was a good move.  In
particular given the people involved and the organisations they represent,
including OWASP.

My main concern is that people responsible for developing, implementing and
managing code need to be made aware of the issues.  The problem though as
most of us know is that the pressure is on developers to deliver apps to
deadlines that in most cases do not provide enough time to ensure proper
development practises have been followed, never mind secure coding practise.

Therefore the more publicity and coverage any list can get has to be
welcomed.

Perhaps, following on from your thoughts it might be worthwhile for a matrix
showing the commonalities across the three lists which in turn would
highlight differences?

Just my 2c - As a disclaimer to the above I am on the Board of Editors for
the SANS NewsBites newsletter so may have a bias in favour of the work they
do.

Regards

Brian

David Rook | david.rook at realexpayments.com
Security Analyst

Realex Payments
Enabling thousands of businesses to sell online.

Castlecourt, Monkstown Farm, Monkstown, Co Dublin, Ireland
|t: +353 1 2808559 | f: +353 1 2808538  | www.realexpayments.com

1 Lyric Square, London W6 0NB
t: +44 203 1785370 | f: +44 207 6917264  | www.realexpayments.co.uk

27 avenue de l'Opéra, 75001 Paris.
t: +33 (0)1 70 38 51 37  | f: +33 (0)1 70 38 51 51

Visit our other Realex Payments websites:
www.airlinepayments.com
www.sepa.ie

Pay and Shop Limited, trading as Realex Payments has its registered office
at Castlecourt, Monkstown Farm, Monkstown, Co. Dublin, Ireland and is
registered in Ireland, company number 324929.

This mail and any documents attached are classified as confidential and are
intended for use by the addressee(s) only unless otherwise indicated. If you
are not an intended recipient of this email, you must not use, disclose,
copy, distribute or retain this message or any part of it. If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete all
copies of this email from your computer system(s).