[Owasp-ireland] Hackers Target State Computers & FDE {OT}

Singe singe at singe.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 06:44:03 EST 2008

Ron,

I am currently doing research in this area, and the new(ish) BitLocker which
is available in Vista Ultimate or Enterprise will provide you with Hard
Drive Encryption.  I would say full but it does depend on the configuration
of the laptop.

Where multi partitions exist BitLocker can be used with EFS to provide
adequate protection.

But again it all depends on the nature and quantity of data that is stored
on your laptop as to the best product for you and of course cost.

PGPDIsk is also good, but relatively expensive.

There are in fact a number of other products that I have not tested.

Regards

St. John Harold

IT Security Consultant

To: owasp-ireland at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [Owasp-ireland] Hackers Target State Computers

Hi,
There is a nice piece in the Independent today (page 6) relating to
Laptops, blackberries and usb keys being lost by the gov. Also hacking
incidents on various state bodies.

ek

--
Eoin Keary OWASP - Ireland