[Owasp-ireland] Another PCI issue........

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Fri Apr 18 06:33:24 EDT 2008

David,

To me this release reads like an advertisement for application firewalls,
which is not to say that is necessarily a bad thing (it makes sense to take
a close look at traffic bound to/from any sensitive web application). That
said, there's lots of wiggle room an a definition like 'application layer
firewall' - a poorly configured app firewall is as useful as teats on a
bull... it would be interesting to see this tightened up a bit over time if
it's not already.

Sam