[OWASP-Ireland] Escalating war with spammers:

Eoin eoinkeary at gmail.com
Mon May 22 07:31:10 EDT 2006

<rant>
There was one suggestion to fight spam,
Charge per mail!! I Dont think it would ever work but it may force
owners of vulnerabile mail servers to tighten up and mail relay
spoofing could be reduced.

Also one thing to note is we all get much more spam in real life, look
ato all the junk mail we get in our postbox! (Waste of paper in my
view, like email spam is a waste of electricity).
Talking about wasting electricity, wouldnt it be nice to charge for
power consumption your CPU/memory etc uses in  processing spam email,
wounder if this would ever work (doubt it).

So Whos going to Belgium next week?
</rant>
Eoin

--