[OWASP-Ireland] Escalating war with spammers:

David Ryan dave.ryan at gmail.com
Mon May 22 06:52:43 EDT 2006

On 5/22/06, Brian Honan <brian.honan at bhconsulting.ie> wrote:[chop]

> The above, coupled with the recent death threats aimed at the people
> behind spamhaus, makes one wonder how best do we put these people out
> of business?

Maybe you can't. Organised crime and racketeering have existed for far
longer than this Internet fad. The very fact that some people are attempting
to shut down the spammers is resulting in the response. Trying to solve this
with technology by "civilians" would appear to be a false start.

Legislation, international cooperation, resources (money money money) ... I
don't think there's much hope down that path either ;)

Suggestions? Perhaps Minister McDowell could resolve the matter?