[OWASP-Ireland] Escalating war with spammers:

David Ryan dave.ryan at gmail.com
Sun May 21 19:15:28 EDT 2006

On 5/17/06, eoin.keary at ritsgroup.com <eoin.keary at ritsgroup.com> wrote:

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/17/blue_security_folds/

1) In order to defeat spammers, DoS them == get DoS'ed in return ... I don't
think you would need to possess clarvoyance to see that one coming (seems
largely unethical to take this sort of action, could potentially have a
destabalising effect on innocent intermediary/host networks)

2) Redirecting your DNS to a 3rd party infrastructure during a DoS attack
doesn't strike me as a very clever thing to do either ;-)

Reap what you sow, perhaps?