[owasp-intrinsic-security] Microsoft Web Sandbox

Robert Hansen robert at sectheory.com
Wed Jan 28 23:57:46 EST 2009

Not to speak on behalf of MS on this one but the whole point of this project is to test the practicality of transporting the logic into a future version of the browser.  I talked with the head developer for this project (also one of the head devs for the original versions of all the major scripting versions within IE - that's no coincidence).  He's a smart dude.  This isn't at all about Silverlight or mashups, there's a much bigger picture here - think content restrictions.

**sent from cell phone**

Robert Hansen, CISSP
CEO -- SecTheory LLC
Cell: (530) 521-2542
To: owasp-intrinsic-security at lists.owasp.org

Did you all see this?

http://livelabs.com/web-sandbox/

It's an attempt to add a security layer onto the web platform and support mashups. It looks like it's driven through Silverlight.

Alex