[owasp-intrinsic-security] Portugal summit Agenda

Arshan Dabirsiaghi arshan.dabirsiaghi at aspectsecurity.com
Fri Sep 26 12:15:52 EDT 2008

Yikes, a couple of grammatical errors. The fixed versions are below. Also, feel free to replace my name with your name.

Dear <BROWSER> <REPRESENTATIVE|DEVELOPER>,

The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP, http://www.owasp.org <https://webmail.aspectsecurity.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.owasp.org> ) is honored to invite you to the European Summit 2008 to take part in the Intrinsic Security Working Group workshop on Browser Security. The point of the workshop would is to gather security experts and browser security teams/developers together in order to facilitate introducing more and more usable security into the browsers that all our customers use and the specifications and standards that we rely on.

OWASP would happily cover part of your expenses to the beautiful Algarve, Portugal where the workshops and conference are being held, although we would prefer self-sponsorship. More information on dates and logistics can be found on the conference website, which is still under limited construction:

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_EU_Summit_2008 <https://webmail.aspectsecurity.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_EU_Summit_2008>

Please let us know as soon as possible your availability for the conference. If you can't make it and can suggest an alternative contact from your team, we would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
Arshan Dabirsiaghi
Project Lead, ISWG
OWASP

And:

Dear <FRAMEWORK> <REPRESENTATIVE|DEVELOPER>,

The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP, http://www.owasp.org <https://webmail.aspectsecurity.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.owasp.org> ) is honored to invite you to the European Summit 2008 to take part in the Intrinsic Security Working Group workshop on Framework Security. The point of the workshop would be to gather security experts and framework developers/security teams together in order to facilitate introducing more and more usable security into the frameworks that we build our applications on.

OWASP would happily cover part of your expenses to the beautiful Algarve, Portugal where the workshops and conference are being held, although we would prefer self-sponsorship. More information on dates and logistics can be found on the conference website, which is still under limited construction:

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_EU_Summit_2008 <https://webmail.aspectsecurity.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_EU_Summit_2008>

Please let us know as soon as possible your availability for the conference. If you can't make it and can suggest an alternative contact from the developer team or security team, we would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
Arshan Dabirsiaghi
Project Lead, ISWG
OWASP

This is the letter we want to issue to the browser developers or security teams. Please forward it on to your contacts and let us know who you've forwarded it onto and when you did so that we can track response times.

[...]

Here is the letter we want to issue to the framework developers or security teams:

Dear <FRAMEWORK> <REPRESENTATIVE|DEVELOPER>,

The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP, http://www.owasp.org <https://webmail.aspectsecurity.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.owasp.org> ) is honored to invite you to the European Summit 2008 to take part in the Intrinsic Security Working Group workshop on Framework Security. The point of the workshop would be to gather security experts and frame work developers/security teamstogether in order to facilitate introducing more and better security into the frameworks that we build our applications on.

OWASP would happily cover part of your expenses to the beautiful Algarve, Portugal where the workshops and conference are being held. More information on dates and logistics can be found on the conference website, which is still under limited construction: