[Owasp-infrastructure] Fwd: [Owasp-wash_dc_va] Reminder: Meeting Tonight!

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Thu May 5 21:44:26 EDT 2011

Whoops!  Sent from the wrong account...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matt Tesauro <mtesauro at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 5, 2011 at 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Owasp-wash_dc_va] Reminder: Meeting Tonight!
To: Laurence Casey <larry.casey at owasp.org>
Cc: Tom Brennan <tomb at owasp.org>, Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org>,
owasp-infrastructure <owasp-infrastructure at lists.owasp.org>

Larry,

There is only 1 account for the Rackspace cloud.  This is one of the issues
we need to discuss.  Apparently, multiple logins to the same Rackspace cloud
account is coming later this summer.  This is all stuff I learned after they
provisioned the initial account for me.

Mark does not have an account with Rackspace cloud.  He's got one user
account with SSH access and sudo privileges on the first instance of Linux I
spun up.  If you look back to my email to the infrastructure list on April
20th, I said:
"I have also been taking with Mark Bristow to move OCMS off his personal VPS
onto one of the 5 hosts OWASP got from Rackspace as the initial host to
migrate since its (1) not on OWASP iron currently and (2) is not as mission
critical as the Wiki."

So I didn't expect this to be a surprise.  Plus, there are 4 more instances
that aren't even spun up currently.

Mark got SSH access since I've never setup Django and, instead of me
learning, I delegated the setup and config to Mark once the initial base OS
setup was complete. This is an initial POC before we move any vital bit of
OWASP.

Like I said before, we need to plan this out to reduce, if not eliminate,
any foobar's in the migration.  There's other issues to consider such as
whether or not to get support for our cloud instances, what distro of Linux
to run on them, how to best do the migration, what to run on which server,
etc.

So we've got Rackspace lined up, lets figure out how we're going to use the
5 instances and how to best to do the migration.  Access is the least of our
problems.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member