[OWASP-IBWAS10] IBWAS'10 - Proposed conference agenda - Very draft

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Nov 22 05:46:20 EST 2010

Ok, just a warning here, we don't do 'vendor' talks at Owasp conference or
chapters

There is a very fine line here between a 'vendor pitch'/advertisement and a
'talk on a product/service XYZ that is delivered in a impartial way (and
that is relevant to the owasp community)'

Look for example what Jeremiah did with his talk in Brazil AppSec. He was
talking about web stats that he got via the service that his company
provides.

So be careful with managing the expectations of our sponsors since they have
to understand the message and type of presentation that is acceptable at
OWASP

If this is an obvious point to you, then sorry for making it. I just want to
make surer we don't go down the wrong path

Dinis Cruz

On 19 Nov 2010, at 23:50, Nuno Teodoro <nuno.filipe.teodoro at gmail.com>
wrote:

Ok, a sponsors talk has definitely  to exist, We know in Portugal sponsor
are scarce, and if they see true benefits (like talking about their stuff)
they're more likely to return next year :)

Doing it at the conference's end seems ok.

Best regards

*Nuno Filipe Martins da Silveira Teodoro*

*SCCM Junior Consultant at NOESIS*

*IM: *nfteodoro at hotmail.com
*LinkedIn:* http://www.linkedin.com/in/nunoteodoro
*e-mail:* nuno.filipe.teodoro at gmail.com