[OWASP-IBWAS10] Follow Up >>>> FW: INVITATION to participate in the IBWAS'10 as an OWASP Trainer.

Sandra Paiva sandra.paiva at owasp.org
Wed Nov 10 16:59:39 EST 2010

Hi John,

Please see below my inline answers.

Thanks!

Sandra Paiva

 <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Sandra_Paiva> OWASP Training Manager

De: John Wilander [mailto:john.wilander at owasp.org]
Enviada: quarta-feira, 10 de Novembro de 2010 20:03
Para: Paulo Coimbra
Cc: Sandra Paiva; OWASP-IBWAS10
Assunto: Re: Follow Up >>>> FW: INVITATION to participate in the IBWAS'10 as
an OWASP Trainer.

Hi Paulo, Sandra and the other organizers!

To be honest I did not realize this was a personal invitation. Also, I'm not
completely clear on your expectations on me. Some quick questions:

*	How is this financed? Will IBWAS fund my travel and stay? Will
OWASP? Or am I required to find funding myself? It seems like you have
funding for invited speakers but I just need to check.

The event will be funded by a mix of sponsorship gathered by the Local
Chapter and central OWASP funds and, although the participation as trainer
is not remunerated, the Organization will pay for the travelling, hotel
accommodation and lunches/coffee breaks for the duration of the conference
and will make all the necessary arrangements. We have an agency working with
us – Diplomata Tours – who has been instructed to find the most reasonably
priced package for flight and accommodation for arrival on the 15th Dec and
departure on the 17th or 18th, depending on which alternative, that having
into account your availability, proves to be more beneficial for OWASP in
terms of costs. They will take care of everything for you and you can, of
course, contact them directly if needed.

*	Is there an agenda for the desired OWASP training? What topics would
you like the invited OWASPers to give training on? Are we talking workshops,
power point presentations, demos, or training with labs and such?

The invitation covers both days, if you like – the OWASP Training Day on the
16th December and the Conference Day on the 17th December.

For the Training Day, because we are implementing the training model based
on “OWASP Projects and Resources you can use today”, we would ask you to
choose one of the most relevant and mature Projects within the pool of
projects that OWASP fosters. The session can be either a presentation,
“hands-on” course or a demo, that would depend entirely on how you want to
conduct it. Please take a look at the current agenda so that you have a more
precise idea - http://www.owasp.org/index.php/IBWAS10#tab=16th_December

For the Conference Day, there is no restriction regarding the theme as long
as it has to do with the appsec area.

*	Are any OWASP Board members coming? For instance Dinis? I'm thinking
of the potential of planning the Summit.

Yes, very much so – Dinis has confirmed his presence and we are still
waiting for Eoin’s response. Taking into consideration the Summit 2011 to be
held in February, the idea was exactly to create the conditions to have a
few lateral working sessions (happening out of the Training and Conference
schedules) where some of the strategic issues to be addressed at the Summit
could be debated and pondered. We would also like to use this occasion to
share some thoughts and ideas on the OWASP Training model, the Academies,
the relationship between OWASP and the governments/its organisms and OWASP
and the Industry, etc.

Since this is very close in time I'll have a hard time getting time off my
regular job but with answers to the questions above I can at least bring up
the question.

I sincerely hope you can make it! Should you be able to respond positively,
you can count on me to make the process as easy as possible for you.

Thanks!

   Regards, John

2010/11/10 Paulo Coimbra <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>

Hello John,

Hope you are well. I am writing to ask you to please let us know ASAP
whether you will accept the invitation to be with us in the IBWAS10. As
before said, your presence would be sincerely appreciated but if it is not
possible please help us with making the IBWAS10 a worthwhile OWASP event by
creating the conditions for us to invite an alternative trainer/speaker.

Please forgive me the pressure but the conference date is quickly
approaching.

Thanks,

- Paulo

Paulo Coimbra,