[Owasp-hackademic-challenges] GSoC 2015 Ideas

Anirudh Anand anirudhanand722 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 19:31:54 UTC 2015

Hello Spyros,

Nice project ideas out there. Here is my suggestion and an idea about the
same:

One issue I have noticed with Hackademic is that the challenges are not in
the order of difficulty. Since our basic aim is to make the students learn
and understand the concepts of web application security, I think arranging
the challenges in the order of difficulty is really important. Since we
have over 100+ new challenges with the last year GSoC, then one new project
idea can be to write unit tests (if you haven't completed) for the same and
also to arrange the challenges in the difficulty order such that students
can get the most out of it.

The reason why I suggest this is because I use Hackademic for teaching the
very basics of webappsec to my juniors and most of them gave up in the
first question itself because the first question was very difficult for
them. We should also add some basic questions (may be relating to HTTP
requests or similar) first and then gradually increment the difficulty
order to get the most out of this. IMHO this would be a nice idea.

Also, can the template designing could be considered as an entire GSoC
project ?. IMHO it can be combined with Gamification project?

--

Anirudh Anand
bi0s at AMRITA

*"Those who Say it cannot be done, should not interrupt the people doing
it"*