[Owasp-hackademic-challenges] GSoC2012

Konstantinos Papapanagiotou Konstantinos at owasp.org
Wed Apr 4 15:27:05 UTC 2012

2012/4/2 kyle phillipeck <kphill42 at gmail.com>:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I would love to take a look into your regex and see if I could extend them
> and find a powerful solution that allowed for more flexibility in the
> current challenges!
>
> As for the inconsistencies between the front-end and different browsers do
> you think that submitting a list of things that don't appear right on the
> live version to the google code repository would be an acceptable way to
> bring them to everyone's attention?

Absolutely. One of the ideas we have for GSOC is standardization of
the challenges which includes interoperability issues between various
browsers.
You should bear in mind though that many modern browsers for example
have built-in XSS-preventing features. Thus, for educational purposes
we recommend either turning such features off or using other browsers.

Kostas