[Owasp-guide] Progress Report

Boberski, Michael [USA] boberski_michael at bah.com
Mon Apr 19 16:01:54 EDT 2010

Hi Ken, to help you out with what I mean further about filling out this section,

The bullets should be something like:

The guidance was developed with the following objectives in mind:

  * _Use as a reference_ - Provide application architects and developers with a single, definitive repository of secure design patterns,
  * _Use to make decisions_ - Provide guidance to security control developers as to how to either select or build security controls in order to satisfy application security requirements, and
  * _Use as guidance_ - Provide guidance to security control developers as to how to use security controls in order to satisfy application security requirements

I updated the wiki page with the above, to help things along. Maybe if you can take a stab at retooling the notes, there should be ones for ESAPI and ASVS, but they need to be reworked so they fit into this foreword somehow. The above could perhaps stand to be further worked on, e.g. the second bullet title should perhaps be "Use to make design decisions".

Best,

Mike B.