[Owasp-guide] Awaiting further guidance for OWASP-0100 Security Architecture

Boberski, Michael [USA] boberski_michael at bah.com
Fri Apr 9 11:20:25 EDT 2010

Hi Mike. Emailing the list is the right thing to do to reach out, thanks. I can't stress enough how much I would like people to use the list rather than private correspondence as they work on items in their sections, so that other people can gain insights, can ask questions of each other, and so on, since otherwise "discovering" updates someone else has done elsewhere is not a very efficient way to do things.

Anywho, here is what you need to do next:

Please see email "AUTHOR ACTION REQUIRED -- REVISED OUTLINE (RESEND)" (Mon 4/5/2010 2:32 PM).

Then, for your section, I would expect there to be a question of "Does 'Build or buy' make sense for the title for the first subsection for our section since it's not a control, or should it be called something else", I would expect questions/coordinations/first attempts at worksheets, I would expect recycled snippets from the previous guide to start percolating into the new wiki pages, etc.

The thing with open source (and its source of power) is that YOU have the power to say "f- it, I'm doing it", and then do it yourself. We should have such luck to have problems where people are complaining about Google's wiki page locking mechanism.

Just do it, as the Nike commercials used to say.

Best,

Mike B.

There is no "trust but verify" when it comes to application security!
Verify, THEN trust! Read the entire post: Inside Booz Allen<http://hello.bah.com/blogs/index.php/SoftwareAssuranceCoP/2010/04/01/there_is_no_trust_but_verify>, Outside of Booz Allen<http://mikeboberski.blogspot.com/2010/04/there-is-no-trust-but-verify.html>