[Owasp-guide] [Owasp-codereview] OWASP EU Summit - Code Review guide workshop

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Wed Oct 22 01:13:18 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Absolutely agree with this approach. I need to dump a lot of material
from the Development Guide to the other two Guides and the ADSR, and
start work on a common approach for the Developer Guide so that
everyone can match up their look and feel and house style.

Kirsten, our technical editor can help if we can identify content that
needs to be moved, but she needs help with fixing up the damage from
the various Guide participants.

Once the next editions of the Review Guide and the Testing Guide are
out the door (as they're so close!), I think we should try to do a
unified 4.0 release:

ADSR 4.0 (Skipping several versions to sync up with the Guides)
Developer Guide 4.0 (skipping 3.0)
Testing Guide 4.0
Code Review Guide 4.0

This would be an awesome project.

thanks,
Andrew

On Oct 21, 2008, at 5:57 PM, Matteo Meucci wrote:

> I think that Application Security Desk Reference is doing a great work
> in that direction...sure we need to create a common framework for the
> Guides.
>
> Mat
>

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Paolo Perego <thesp0nge at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Of course I'll be there :)
>>
>> Matteo, the idea of linking the 4 guides is great. We must also focus
>> in recruiting people and in balancing authoring work between the 4
>> guides.
>>
>> What do you think about it?
>>
>> Ciao ciao
>> thesp0nge
>>
>> 2008/10/21 Eoin <eoin.keary at owasp.org>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> if anyone is interested in getting involved in the direction the
>>> code review
>>> guide is taking you are invited to attend the working session to
>>> be help in
>>> Portugal during the OWASP EU Summit.
>>>
>>> The objectives of the working sessions are;
>>>
>>> Discuss next version of code review guide.
>>> Discuss industry requirements for code review.
>>> Discuss academic versus practical ramifications of guide.
>>> Brainstorm: Ideas for integration with other projects and tools.
>>>

>>> You can add you name here
>>>
>>> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Working_Session_-_Code_Review_Guide
>>>
>>> or simply email me and I shall add it for you.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Eoin Keary CISSP CISA
>>> OWASP Code Review Guide Lead Author
>>> OWASP Ireland Chapter Lead
>>>
>>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

>> --
>> "stay hungry, stay foolish"
>>
>> OWASP Orizon project, http://orizon.sourceforge.net
>> "enjoy your code review experience"
>>

> --
> Matteo Meucci
> OWASP-Italy Chair, CISSP, CISA
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Italy
> OWASP Testing Guide lead
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Testing_Guide

thanks,
Andrew van der Stock
Lead Author, OWASP Guide and OWASP Top 10