[OWASP-GUIDE] Guide 2.0 - no more content, and list administrivia

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at greebo.net
Sun Jul 24 03:47:25 EDT 2005

Hi there,

I'm not doing it to annoy anyone but to precipitate action; it has
been frustrating to ask for help, and get few responses or help.
Thank you to those who did jump in and help, btw, I don't think I've
said that enough yet! :)

I knew that when I took on the Blackhat date as our deadline that it
would be tight and that I would be acting essentially alone. In fact,
I felt that the contingency was that I would be the only author
working on it. If I didn't think I could do it alone, I wouldn't have
signed us up for the deadline. So please don't get me wrong or think
that I'm criticizing all 131 of you.

I'm not preventing anyone from re-subscribing, so if you feel that
you could help with edits, a revision or two, sage advice, or even a
new chapter, please re-subscribe after August 1. If any of the OWASP
Guide members are just after early access, SourceForge has a file and
CVS tracker which can notify you when things change.

Again, a huge thanks to those who have helped write, review, edit or
contributed to the discussion on this list so far. The Guide would
not be where it is today without your help.

In Guide news, most chapters are now complete. I've found a way to
make the URLs linked again! I'm currently doing the final text on
Session Management chapter. Once that's done, I'll release a release
candidate to here in Word format only. I will continue editing until
tomorrow night (about 24 hours from now), so please *start* at the
back - those chapters are the newest and the least reviewed.

thanks,
Andrew