[OWASP-GUIDE] Guide 2.0 - no more content, and list administrivia

Norbert Mocsnik lists at norbert.mocsnik.hu
Sat Jul 23 12:33:30 EDT 2005

Andrew van der Stock wrote:
> After Blackhat, I will be deleting all members from this list, as the
> participation rate - despite many members - is very low. If you wish  to
> participate in 2.0.1 and later, please re-subscribe *AFTER* the  spill
> on the 1st of August. I know volunteer time is valuable and  scarce, but
> this is a development list, and not an "early access" list.

I agree with Dan. People usually hang around on lists for a while
before they actually start to contribute. This is how online
communities work--first you have to get to know the community,
then you can participate in the correct way. I do also like to
keep my mouth shut in the first weeks.

I am also on this list for some time and plan to contribute when
I finally get the chance. "When" depends on a number of things.

On the other hand, I can imagine that there are a lot of people
who subscribed many months ago and are doing nothing; so unsubscribing
everybody one time might be reasonable. People willing to participate
will probably subscribe again.

--
Norbert Mocsnik
http://norbert.mocsnik.hu/