[OWASP-GUIDE] Guide 2.0 - no more content, and list administrivia

Dan Cornell dan at denimgroup.com
Sat Jul 23 10:25:06 EDT 2005

> After Blackhat, I will be deleting all members from this list, as the
> participation rate - despite many members - is very low. If you wish
> to participate in 2.0.1 and later, please re-subscribe *AFTER* the
> spill on the 1st of August. I know volunteer time is valuable and
> scarce, but this is a development list, and not an "early access" list.

Not to be a pain, but is there any harm in having people who (unfortunately like me) hang out on the list and watch the traffic and read the early releases but haven't yet contributed?  If I'm on the list, see something that catches my eye and have some time there is a chance I would contribute.  If I was not on the list that chance gets really close to zero.

Again - to date I haven't been a contributor so my opinion might be of limited value, but I really don't see the harm in having lurkers on the list.

Thanks,

Dan