[OWASP-GUIDE] Re: PCI - Visa / MC / Amex merchant security standards

Andre Ludwig andre.ludwig at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:27:24 EST 2005

It should be noted that there CAN be differences in the PCI standard
due to the fact that it is based off the SDP and CISP programs from
master card and visa.  Since each VISA region is separate and
independent there can be instances of where VISA asia sees something
one way and VISA EU has a different spin on it.  So just be aware of
that, make sure if you are trying to figure out the standard that
applies to you you take a look at that regions documentation from the
CISP program.  Since the master card SDP program is global there isn't
any issue with the portions of the PCI that came from that standard.

/rant

Andre