[OWASP-GUIDE] Question concerning usage of languages for webapps

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at greebo.net
Tue May 18 11:19:27 EDT 2004

I think what would be useful right now is guidance on the language specific
sections. Projects at the mercy of volunteers are necessarily limited in
scope to those who have an itch to complete those things that make them
scratch. Or something like that.

I think something along the lines of:

Go through the OWASP top 10 and identify language / framework features or
coding patterns which satisfy the Top 10, and then go through a few other
Guide issues which are non-obvious. For example, the session management
section of .NET will be very short - .NET's session manager is good enough,
here's how not to obviate it. For example on the non-obvious aspect, secret
storage in .NET is completely non-obvious.

What do others think? Remember, there will be a 2.1 and 3.0 down the track,
so "good enough and timely" is better than a 1000 page treatise that is late
or never arrives.

Andrew (who is feeling a little like a black kettle)