[OWASP-GUIDE] Session Management

Adrian Wiesmann awiesmann at swordlord.org
Fri Mar 5 10:36:31 EST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:57:10 +1100 (EST)
"Andrew van der Stock" <vanderaj at greebo.net> wrote:

> I'll find the right place to put them, but in the mean time, check them
> out and let me know if they make things a bit easier to understand.

They look good. Perhaps I need to see them in the right context to be able
to say more.

You can find the new structure and all the files for version 2 in the
Guide's directory under the folder "v2" in CVS. In the root you can see
the Guide's main files and structure information. Every Chapter is then in
another subfolder. I am working currently on "security_techniques", this
is also where you can find the latest version of your
"session_management.xml" file.

Please put the images into the "images" folder right in the v2 folder and
then reference them from within the session_management.xml file. There is
somewhere an example of how to do this. A very quick grep on the Guide
revealed this location to me:

> introduction/what_are_webapps.xml:              <imageobject>
> introduction/what_are_webapps.xml:                      <imagedata >
> fileref="images/introduction/layer_overview.jpg" format="JPEG"/>
> introduction/what_are_webapps.xml:              </imageobject>

Thanks Andrew for your help.

If anybody needs some rendered version of the Guide v2, just drop me a
note. I should get back to the oPortals developers to ask again about
having a live version on the website anyway.

Regards,
Adrian