[OWASP-GUIDE] Going on with the Guide

Christopher Todd chris at christophertodd.com
Sat Feb 14 12:28:54 EST 2004

Adrian,

Thank you for stepping up to the plate to see to it that the Guide 2.0
gets finished.  It has languished too long, and needs a
sponsor/steward to guide it to completion (sorry for the pun).  There
have been a few attempts at this over the last year or so, none of
which has been successful, and I hope this time is different.

I have a few questions, however:
1)  What can I do to help?  I had previously contributed some content
on Java and web app architectures, and would be happy to brush that
up.  I can also do general proofreading of any part of the guide.
2)  Will previous contributions be included in the new structure, or
are you re-writing everything from scratch?

I asked the latter question because when I hear things like "take
control" and "one man show" with respect to projects that are
open-source, I get a little nervous.  A lot of people have made
contributions to the guide, and I would hate to see those
contributions simply thrown away, or not given proper credit and
attribution.

Let me know what I can do to help.  Like many that have contributed to
the guide, I have been working long hours over the last several
months, but what free time I can spare, I will.

Regards,
Chris Todd