[OWASP-GUIDE] Arch Chapter - Models 1 and 2

Christopher Todd chris at christophertodd.com
Tue Jan 28 08:47:14 EST 2003

Mark,

That's the way I would put it.  Anything that mixes the View and Controller
roles would be a Model 1 type web app, while a true MVC web app would be
Model 2.

Of course, we could ask the question: does anyone outside the Java web app
developer community care about the names Model 1 and Model 2?  These
distinctions were originally made during the early days of JSP pages, and
actually, they aren't used much anymore.  Should I drop the terms Model 1
and Model 2?

Chris