[OWASP-GUIDE] Updates

Christopher Todd chris at christophertodd.com
Sun Feb 16 17:56:26 EST 2003

Mark,

I wouldn't have received a day off for Presidents day, but Mother Nature has
obliged us with 2 feet of snow, so I'll have some extra time.  I anticipate
having no problems finishing the Java language stuff and the MVC section.
I'll probably also take a stab at the J2EE stuff as well.

I wanted to ask folks on the list for some assitance, though.  My web app
experience is almost entirely in Java, so the MVC section is focused
primarily on JSP and servlets (at the moment).  Does anyone out there have
both knowledge of the MVC design pattern, as well as experience in
implementing web apps using that pattern in something other than Java?  I
know it ought to be able to be done, e.g. using ASP with COM objects, etc.,
but since I don't have any experience in those platforms, I don't know
enough to be able to put together any examples.  Any assistance would be
appreciated, because I don't want to give Guide readers the impression that
Java is the only web app development language capable of using the MVC
pattern cleanly.

Thanks,
Chris