[Owasp-google-hacking] Google hacking code

George Anelopolis george.anelopolis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 21:23:38 EDT 2010

Dear Mr. Heinrich,

I have read the Terms and Conditions for Google SOAP Search API very carefully:

>OWASP does *not* promote/endorse the use of a workaround that violates
>the "Terms and Conditions for Google SOAP Search API Service" i.e.
>http://code.google.com/apis/soapsearch/api_terms.html

Personal use of your tool is fine. There is no violation of any laws
or proprietary rights by making use of functionality provided directly
through the Google SOAP Search API, so there's no reason why your code
should not be released. If you are legitimately under pressure to not
release such code, then I'd like to question why an illegal project
would be sponsored by OWASP in the first place.

In addition, you're familiar with the OWASP project principles at
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_OWASP. You need to obey the
obligations you have to other community members, by making the tool
free for anybody interested in improving application security.

George.