[Owasp-google-hacking] Google hacking code

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Fri Jun 11 20:34:30 EDT 2010

Brad,

OWASP does *not* promote/endorse the use of a workaround that violates
the "Terms and Conditions for Google SOAP Search API Service" i.e.
http://code.google.com/apis/soapsearch/api_terms.html

Hence the source code was withdrawn from distribution and interested
parties are now directed to consider
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Testing:_Search_engine_discovery/reconnaissance_%28OWASP-IG-002%29
as an alternative to the Release.

Following the announcement of the "Google AJAX Search API" my initial
brief review concluded that it did not include an equivalent API call
related to the Google Cache within the "Google SOAP Search API" i.e.
http://code.google.com/apis/soapsearch/reference.html#1_2

I would welcome that you repeat the review of their "AJAX Search" API
as I have not considered recent updates to it and report your findings
to this Mailing List?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich - http://www.owasp.org/index.php/user:cmlh