[Owasp-google-hacking] [GPC] Update Needed

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Wed Jul 28 13:36:26 EDT 2010

(CCing the owasp-leaders list (just FYI and please wait for the enquiry to
provide your 'on-the-record' comments and views))

Brad is spot on in his response (below),.Christian you need to take a step
back and realize that emails like the last one you sent are completely out
of order and do not help your case at all.

Since the beginning I have taken the position that you are innocent until
proven guilty, and have been working very hard with Paulo in the creation of
a inquiry process that will give this (complex) case the most fair hearing
possible. I know you are being placed in a though spot and have lost your
job, but you have to realize that we need to get this right since there have
been some very serious accusations made about your conduct and the Google
Hacking Project.

In fact your last email just re-enforces the need that we have to create a
solid and transparent process. There are lots of variables at play here and
there are numerous conflicting statements being made (by whom will be
determined during the enquiry).

Paulo, in addition to the number of other things that he is working on, has
been doing an extended research on the best way to create a workflow and
wiki-documentation to support this case (and there is not a lot of good
examples in the Open Source community).

I know it is taking longer than you wished for, but that is exactly what
happens in the real world, and these things take time.

Btw, on a recent OWASP board email thread, I defended that since we need to
take into account that you are 'innocent until proven guilty' you should
still be included in the OWASP-leaders list. Please don't send emails like
the one below to that list and respect your fellow OWASP Leaders (who are
trying to help you)

Finally, Christian, since we have marked the OWASP Google Hacking project as
discontinued (see
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Google_Hacking_Project), I
think it time that you dropped the tag *"OWASP "Google Hacking" Project Lead
- http://sn.im/owasp_google_hacking"* from your email signature.

Dinis Cruz