[Owasp-SFL] South Florida OWASP Meeting - 7/27/2011

South Florida OWASP sfl.owasp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 23:02:34 EDT 2011

Just a quick note, Bruce Mayhew from the OWASP Webgoat project will also be
presenting at tomorrow's meeting. You can ask him all the Webgoat related
questions you want. Below is a quick project summary for Webgoat.

*WebGoat* is a deliberately insecure J2EE web application maintained by
OWASP <http://www.owasp.org/> designed to teach web application security
lessons. In each lesson, users must demonstrate their understanding of a
security issue by exploiting a real vulnerability in the WebGoat
application. For example, in one of the lessons the user must use SQL
injection <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/SQL_injection> to steal fake
credit card numbers. The application is a realistic teaching environment,
providing users with hints and code to further explain the lesson.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_WebGoat_Project

See you tomorrow!