[Owasp-SFL] South Florida OWASP Chapter Meeting

South Florida OWASP sfl.owasp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 16:51:15 EST 2008

Thank you for all the responses.  We have finally setup our first chapter
meeting!  We hope to see you there.

*Meeting Information:*
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Miami_Ft_Lauderdale

Time -
Wed. December 3rd, 5PM-6PM

Meeting Location -
Mission Critical Systems, Inc.
1347 East Sample Road, Suite 3
Pompano Beach, Fl 33064
Phone: (954) 788-7110

Speaker & Topic -
Dan Carcone (Director at Imperva, Inc : Mr. Carcone has 19+ years experience
in penetration testing and securing information systems from unauthorized
intrusion and attacks.)

Understanding Web Application and Database Attacks
This is a Web Application and Database hacking demonstration on a live web
site that was created specifically for this purpose.
For the first portion of the presentation we will be involved in an in depth
discussion and training of application and database vulnerabilities.  This
discussion will include many real life examples of penetration tests that we
have conducted.
The attack training that we will be conducting was designed to increase
people's awareness of inherent design flaws found in the majority of today's
applications.  We demonstrate things such as SQL Injection, Cross Site
Scripting, Discount Cookie Poisoning, direct database attacks and several
other application and database attacks.
The presentation will end with a general discussion of prevention techniques
and then a Q&A.

Best Regards,
Felix Mack, Castor Morales