[OWASP-ESAPI] Any codec for Sybase?

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Fri Sep 17 15:19:42 EDT 2010

I agree with Chris. And this 'rare' use case is probably why we haven't seen
many people clamoring for these encoders. Just use prepared statements is
the right answer in most cases, seriously minimizing the need for these type
of encoders. That said, they are occasionally needed.

We may want to put this type of warning on the Javadoc for the encoders
indicating why they have been provided and encouraging people to use
Prepared statements normally, and only use these if they are in some
extraordinary situation which requires encoding by hand (and some of our
customers have needed to do that).

-Dave

To: owasp-esapi at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [OWASP-ESAPI] Any codec for Sybase?

Hi:
I see codecs for Oracle and MySQL, is there one for Sybase?

Thanks,
keith

--
Chris Schmidt