[OWASP-ESAPI] ESAPI 1.4.1

Ed Schaller schallee at darkmist.net
Wed Dec 2 12:50:59 EST 2009

> I'm getting ready to release ESAPI 1.4.1rc1 this week. My goals are
> minimal:
>
> 1) Update Maven config to be inline with 2.0 (hence making it a LOT
> easier to set up and build)
> 2) Fix the broken Oracle encoder
> 3) Fix the Logging API
> Any other thoughts or wishes for 1.4.2x and beyond?

I'd really like to get the JSP stuff and the encoder fixes I've done
migrated to 1.4 and I can work on it.

One question I have though is if there is a target J2EE version for ESAPI
1.4. The reason I ask is to port the EL functions I need to upgrade the
tld to JSP 2.0 which implies J2EE 1.4 and Servlet 2.4. Those were released
in Nov 2003. Do we need backward compatibility to earlier versions?