[OWASP-ESAPI] New ESAPI Java 2.0 encryption code committed to 2.0_quality branch

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 08:54:20 EDT 2009

Jim Manico wrote:
> Ouch, public admission of test-last coding is definately poor form on my
> part.

Not really. You're in good company. It's what software quality guru,
Capers Jones recommends as well. :)

> Especially for a utility library of this nature, unit tests are
> fundametal. (yes Jeff you can quote me on that)
>
> Kevin, can we compromise on the process:
> 1) first code review the quality 2.0 branch
> 2) then add unit tests
> 3) then migrate into trunk?

This is an acceptable approach. However I will be adding JUnit tests in
parallel w/ #1 if that's OK w/ you.

-kevin

--
Kevin W. Wall
We cause accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein, co-creator of MIME