[Owasp-esapi-c++] State, documentation

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 15:46:30 UTC 2013

Hi Mehmet,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Mehmet Yilmaz <mehmet.yilmaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can someone direct me to documentation for this project?
The documentation is sparse. First, there is the wiki with a few pages
for developers (http://code.google.com/p/owasp-esapi-cplusplus/wiki/Welcome).
Second, there is a doxygen in the .../doc/html folder
(http://code.google.com/p/owasp-esapi-cplusplus/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fdoc%2Fhtml).

> What is the current state?  Are there completed subcomponents?
I number of components are still outstanding. I'm slowly working on
some crypto stuff. Others are slowly working on other things but I
don't know what that is (I'm more of a contributor than a lead or
manager).

There's been recent talk of changing the default string type from wide
to narrow. It looks like most of the talks were offlist among Dave,
Kevin, and myself (http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-esapi-c++/).
The wide string was a failed experiment.

On the good side, Dave and Kevin are great management. We yank
management in when required.

Are you interested in joining?

Jeff