[Owasp-esapi-c++] Test Suite and Valgrind

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 23:25:45 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Dave Wichers <dave.wichers at owasp.org> wrote:
> Regarding trying to buy Purify. The contract we are using does not allow us
> to purchase software like this. I've asked our customer to see if they have
> anyone internal that has a copy and could run Purify on the code we are
> developing. Our POC is still researching.
>
> Does anyone on this list have access to a Purify license that they could use
> to do this for us?

Qwest (now CenturyLink) used to have a few Purify licenses (really OLD versions
though). I think they were all Windows licenses or work on ancient OSes like
Slowlaris 7 or RHEL 3.2. But I'll check. Even if I find one, using it
for ESAPI for C++
might not be feasible because of ancient C++ compiler, etc. IIRC, they licensed
them to particular dev servers and have to be used there. We do very little C++
anymore (all maintenance; no new development), so if we do have any Purify
licenses, there's only a handful of them left. I do know an unfortunate fellow
that sits close to me that has to work with C++ so perhaps he knows. But I
wouldn't hold my breath.

-kevin
--
We *cause* accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein