[Owasp-esapi-c++] Test Suite and Valgrind

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 13:24:18 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to run the test suite through Valgrind. I have *never* seen
> so many reported issues. I don't know how many precisely, but the
> console spits out between 10,000 and 20,000 lines.
>
> When I run a hand crafted test using TestMainWin32.cpp (providing
> main()), I get about 30 lines of verbose preamble and no issues.
>
> Does anyone have a Boost suppression file or know how to clear *en
> masse* errors reported against Boost::Test?

I have no idea. I thought that Wichers or whomever was going to buy a copy
or two of IBM Rationale Purify, which, if you've ever used it, you'd probably
prefer it over valgrind.

If you really want to know how to handle the valgrind issues, I'd suggest a
post to the Boost and valgrind forums.

-kevin
--
We *cause* accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein