[Owasp-egypt] Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] Top 10 2017 RC2 released

Mohamed Alfateh mohamed.alfateh at owasp.org
Sat Oct 21 15:22:00 UTC 2017

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Neil Smithline <neil.smithline at owasp.org>
Date: Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 11:21 PM
Subject: [Owasp-leaders] Top 10 2017 RC2 released
To: owasp-leaders <owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org>, OWASP Top-10 <
owasp-topten at lists.owasp.org>

We have just released RC2 at
https://github.com/OWASP/Top10/blob/master/2017/OWASP%20Top%2010%202017%20RC2%20Final.pdf

We have worked extensively to validate the methodology, obtained a great
deal of data on over 114,000 apps, and obtained qualitative data via survey
by 550 community members on the two new categories – insecure
deserialization and insufficient logging and monitoring.

We strongly urge for any corrections or issues to be logged at GitHub -
https://github.com/OWASP/Top10/issues

Through public transparency, we provide traceability and ensure that all
voices are heard during this final month before publication.

(We will be reaching out to translators shortly.)

Andrew van der Stock
Brian Glas
Neil Smithline
Torsten Gigler