[Owasp-egypt] Ransomware

Nadim Barsoum barsoum at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 08:02:25 UTC 2016

Hmm...  backups are crucial i guess, possibly can mean the difference between complete loss versus partial / no loss of data. Those backups would need to be somehow isolated for them not to be affected by the malware...i guess it depends where the malware ended up, we'd have to identify different scenarios and enumerate the possibilities/threats and then identify the controls and how they can be most effective...  We can also try to defend against the ransomware itself, keeping track of the integrity of all the systems in your environment; the challenge is the continued creep of your environment borders...

Dimo