[Owasp-egypt] Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] [OWASP Israel] OWASP AppSec Israel 2015

Mohamed Alfateh mohamed.alfateh at owasp.org
Fri Oct 16 21:09:47 UTC 2015

FYI
Do u think Egypt can host better one ?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *OWASP* <tomb at owasp.org>
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2015
Subject: Re: [Owasp-leaders] [OWASP Israel] OWASP AppSec Israel 2015
To: Avi D - OWASP Israel <avi.douglen at owasp.org>
Cc: owasp-israel at lists.owasp.org, OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org

Nice Job!

Tom Brennan
973-506-9304

On Oct 15, 2015, at 9:20 AM, Avi D - OWASP Israel <avi.douglen at owasp.org
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','avi.douglen at owasp.org');>> wrote:

Hi Everybody!

The OWASP AppSec Israel conference on Tuesday was a huge success –over 550
people attended!
Thanks to everybody who participated and supported us!

Before you read any further – if you attended the conference, please click
here http://goo.gl/forms/7QfFrnSi5u right now, and go fill out our survey.
We NEED your feedback on the conference, and it wont take more than a few
minutes, I promise!

Did you already send your feedbacks? If not, we’ll wait, go ahead…
http://goo.gl/forms/7QfFrnSi5u

Only a few of the presentations are online yet, but we are collecting the
rest of them and will upload them as soon as we can.
They will be available at
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSec_Israel_2015_Presentationswithin a
few days.

Videos of most of the talks were also recorded, and these will also be
uploaded and available online shortly.
Many thanks to our video sponsor, Checkmarx!

If you have any pictures, videos, etc of the conference – please send me a
link to them (avi.douglen at owasp.org
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','avi.douglen at owasp.org');>) to share on the
web page.

Some numbers about the Conference:
-         Over 550 attended (out of 730 registered) – our biggest ever!
-         17 Sponsors – 1 Platinum, 7 Gold, 5 Silver, and 4 Community
Supporters.
-         12 Booths
-         14 Track sessions (in 2 auditoriums)
-         1 Opening Keynote
-         16 Speakers
-         3 coffee breaks and one lunch J

As was mentioned several times – we love feedback! We really want to hear
your perspective and experience, so that we can plan next year’s conference
to be even more awesome.
If you attended the conference, please take a few minutes RIGHT NOW to fill
in this online form (if you haven’t already): http://goo.gl/forms/7QfFrnSi5u

Your feedback on the conference is VERY important to us, to help us decide
which sessions to select for next year’s conference. Please do give us as
much information as you can.
(And no need to try to brute-force the form either, that is no challenge…
So please don’t. )

Our thanks go out to:
-         A special thanks to Dr. Yehuda Elmaliach and the College of
Management and staff, who graciously offered to host us this year.
-         Thank you to all the sponsors that enabled us to make the most
out of the conference, without worrying about hunger, thirst, or caffeine
deficiency.
-         Thanks to all the speakers, who made it all worthwhile – and, in
the words of several attendees, “even better than the international
conferences like BlackHat and RSAC” J
-         A special thanks to our keynote speaker, Jeremiah Grossman, for
travelling all the way over to join us and share his vision with the crowd!
-         Thanks also to all those who submitted a proposal for a talk –
and there were so many excellent proposals! Though we were unfortunately
not able to fit in all the talks this year, I hope we can entice you all to
join us at one of the next chapter meetings. I hope you all continue to
contribute, and that we’ll be able to hear you next time!
-         Thanks to all the volunteers who helped facilitate flow and
timing - Eitan Caspi, Ilya Chernyakov, Iris Levari, Elad Kirson, Boris
Chernilovsky, Moshe Zioni, Eliraz Broyer, Ofir Inbar, Anton Khitrenovich,
and anyone else I may have forgotten!
-         And thanks to all the rest of the team and staff that helped
organize the event – Shiran Cohen, Ety Amram, Or Katz, Ofer Maor, Erez
Metula, and Hemed Gur Ary!

See you all next year!

Avi D
Chairman, OWASP Israel