[Owasp-egypt] Fwd: [Owasp-community] OWASP Global AppSec 2016 Call for Proposals
mohamed.alfateh at owasp.org
Wed Dec 31 15:23:52 UTC 2014
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laura Grau <laura.grau at owasp.org>
Date: Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Subject: [Owasp-community] OWASP Global AppSec 2016 Call for Proposals
OWASP encourages any community member interested in hosting a
* Global Conference* to submit a proposal.
Hosting a conference requires both a commitment and a great deal of
responsibility. A lot of time, energy and effort are needed during the
proposing, planning and implementing phases of hosting a conference.
For more information see the How to Host a Conference page.
The dates of each OWASP Global AppSec conference
vary somewhat each year but ideally the conference is held:
- Latin America (this may be a Latam Tour instead)
- North America
(this may be a
To bid for a 201
OWASP Global AppSec please complete the OCMS form
http://www.tfaforms.com/301382 with the following information
*before February 27th, 2015.*
1. The proposed city and host chapter.
2. The name of the intended local organizer and his/her team committed
to the task for 201
along with a brief explanation on why the conference committee wants
to organize an OWASP Global AppSec.
3. Previous conferences or local/regional events experience of the
4. The intended dates for the conference. (Typically includes 2 days
of pre-conference training, followed by 2 days of conference talks).
5. Venue recommendations. If possible, assurance that the following
will be available:
- Green room, storage room, breakout room, capture the flag area, etc.
- A large auditorium. Other lecture rooms near the main auditorium.
- Projection facilities in all rooms up to modern standards.
- A suitable mixing space near the rooms for registration, breaks and
- A hall near the rooms for sponsor exhibitions.
- If possible, attach a tentative floor plan design.
6. Budget. Please use the form on google docs
(Since many of the categories of expenses are optional, consider this
a check list. You can add as many items as you want and you do not
need to fill in every box if you do not want it to be included in your
7. Possible "big name" speakers in AppSec who might be plenary
speakers with low travel costs.
8. Description of the nearby restaurants and accommodation facilities
easily accessible from the conference site and reasonably priced.
9. Anticipated help from volunteers before and at the conference.
10. Realistic prospects for obtaining sponsorship from outside bodies,
e.g., companies, universities, scientific institutes, media,
11. Accessible transport links to the venue.
12. Local tourist attractions, e.g., historic sites, museums,
buildings, galleries, parks, etc.
13. Any other relevant information.
By submitting an application, you are already demonstrating your
commitment to OWASP. We really appreciate every proposal we receive,
however not every proposal will be approved. The selection process
that will be made by the OWASP operations team with input from
previous AppSec organizing teams. Please note that proposal
completeness and accuracy are essential, moreover:
· Preference will be given to the community that demonstrates more engagement.
· Preference will be given to the team that has successful experience
organizing local/regional events.
· Preference will be given to a location that has not recently hosted
a Global AppSec conference.
· Geographic coverage will be considered when selecting conference sites.
*Application submission begins January 1st. The deadline for
applications is February 27th. Applicants will be notified by March
13th.* Selected sites will have until March
to confirm that they will host the 201
Should you have any questions concerning the proposal process or need
assistance with you application, please do not hesitate to contact me
We are looking forward to your proposals!
Global Conference Manager
laura.grau at owasp.org
Owasp-community mailing list
Owasp-community at lists.owasp.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-egypt