[Owasp-egypt] Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] Volunteers ready for action

omar.sherin at infosec2.com omar.sherin at infosec2.com
Sun Jul 11 09:03:16 EDT 2010

Guys

I got the below response from the OWASP big guy himself, they would like to know more about each of you and how you would like to help.
its basically a match making exercise depending on your skills and availability.

If you choose and signed up for a project I don't think that it would be a good idea for me to act as a central point of contact, as this will take away the fun of working directly with international teams,
so once you join a project... I think its most beneficial if its every man for himself.

I blindly recommend signing for any project, working with top guys like the OWASP guys is useful and gives you access to a some very connected people.

let me hear what you guys think.

Begin forwarded message:

From: dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org<mailto:dinis.cruz at owasp.org>>
Date: July 11, 2010 12:03:14 PM GMT+03:00
To: "owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org<mailto:owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org>" <owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org<mailto:owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org>>
Cc: Global Projects Committee <global-projects-committee at lists.owasp.org<mailto:global-projects-committee at lists.owasp.org>>
Subject: Re: [Owasp-leaders] Volunteers ready for action

Hey Omar

This sounds great, can you provide more detais on these volunteers (for example who they are), how much time they have available and how would you like to manage their tasks? (for example do you want to be the central point of contact for them?)

To kickstart this this process, at the GPC (OWASP Global Projects Committee) we need help in
  a) completing the mapping of all OWASP Projects into the new WIKI-template-driven GPC Project Assessement v2.0 structure and
  b) reviewing a number of OWASP Projects.

If some of your volunteers are new to OWASP, this would also be a great way for them to get to know a number of OWASP projects

As the project leader of the OWASP O2 Platform (see http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_O2_Platform and http://o2platform.com<http://o2platform.com/>) I would like to see if some of your volunteers would like to be involved in it.

I just released a new version http://diniscruz.blogspot.com/2010/07/first-major-release-of-owasp-o2.html so now is a great time for them to join in.

Dinis Cruz