[Owasp-egypt] Fwd:Fwd: First major release of the OWASP O2 Platform - download and try it

omar.sherin at infosec2.com omar.sherin at infosec2.com
Tue Jul 6 07:38:02 EDT 2010

Just got this today, thought it might be useful

OWASP has released the first beta version of the project O2

O2 is designed to Automate Security Consultants Knowledge and Workflows and to Allow non-security experts to access and consume Security Knowledge

You can download it and give it a try from URLs below

PS: Since this morning we got 3 new members and 1 un-subscriber. probably couldn't handle the sudden flood of emails.
If any of the members feels thats too much SMTP, you can always choose to get a "daily" or a "weekly" digest which means you can get one mail at the end of each "day" or "week" containing everything the group discussed.

Thanks

About me:  http://qa.linkedin.com/in/osherin

Begin forwarded message:

From: dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org<mailto:dinis.cruz at owasp.org>>

Hi OWASP Leaders

If course that there is still a lot to do, and this is the first Beta release. That said, in the last couple weeks I was able to create a number of workflows and analysis that I really feel will help to raise the bar for large parts of our industry (see for example this video about WebGoat<http://www.o2platform.com/wiki/O2_Videos_on_YouTube#WebGoat_-_First_Example_of_O2.27s_WebGoat_API> or this video about HacmeBank<http://www.o2platform.com/wiki/O2_Videos_on_YouTube#HacmeBank_-_exploit.27s_execution_gui> (highlighting O2's BlackBox capabilities))

I would really appreciate if you could take the time to test this release and (for the project leaders) work with me in the integration of O2 with your project.

If you want to try this version of O2 by RDPing into a remote Windows box, I have a bunch of Amazon EC2 images that I can give you access (just ping me with your desired username and password)

Thanks for the help

Dinis Cruz