[Owasp-egypt] How to participate

Nadim Barsoum barsoum at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 23:50:44 EDT 2010

Hi Mostafa, Hamdy and Sherif,
    Nice to meet you all, I wonder how many more members exist on this list
that would like to participate and liven up the group. To answer your
question Sherif, I'm not so sure there is one set of steps. Mostafa Siraj (a
member on this list) has put together a nice introductory presentation (
http://mostafasiraj.blogspot.com/). And there are a number of books out
there on the subject. I'd say really what it comes down to is knowing what
to look for. The most basic application security issue arises from the fact
that you never know what the user is going to throw at you, and, depending
on what language you're programming in and the context (meaning, is it a web
app, is it a thick client app, is it a driver?), those could be different
things. What do the rest of the list members think?
Regards,
Nadim

-----------------------

Hi there, I'm also here.

And as I'm interested in Web App Security, I'm taking the first steps, so
why don't we talk about "Steps required to be proficient at web application
security". What do you think?? what about you?? if there are any geeks on
the list, it'd be marvelous to learn from them.

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 11:26 PM, Nadim Barsoum
<Nadim.barsoum at evision.ws<https://mail.evision.ws/owa/redir.aspx?C=2b404e5f78fd4b938016d5e13ac96179&URL=mailto%3aNadim.barsoum%40evision.ws>
Can-we-possibly start interesting discussions? Who else is on this list?
From: owasp-egypt-bounces at lists.owasp.org<https://mail.evision.ws/owa/redir.aspx?C=2b404e5f78fd4b938016d5e13ac96179&URL=mailto%3aowasp-egypt-bounces%40lists.owasp.org>[
owasp-egypt-bounces at lists.owasp.org<https://mail.evision.ws/owa/redir.aspx?C=2b404e5f78fd4b938016d5e13ac96179&URL=mailto%3aowasp-egypt-bounces%40lists.owasp.org>]
On Behalf Of Mostafa Siraj
[mostafa.siraj at gmail.com<https://mail.evision.ws/owa/redir.aspx?C=2b404e5f78fd4b938016d5e13ac96179&URL=mailto%3amostafa.siraj%40gmail.com>
]
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2010 4:46 PM
To: Hamdy Abdel-Badeea
Cc: owasp-egypt at lists.owasp.org<https://mail.evision.ws/owa/redir.aspx?C=2b404e5f78fd4b938016d5e13ac96179&URL=mailto%3aowasp-egypt%40lists.owasp.org>
Subject: Re: [Owasp-egypt] How to participate

you can participate in other OWASP mailing lists for more active discussions

Regards,
 Mostafa<http://twitter.com/mostafasiraj<https://mail.evision.ws/owa/redir.aspx?C=2b404e5f78fd4b938016d5e13ac96179&URL=http%3a%2f%2ftwitter.com%2fmostafasiraj>

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Hamdy Abdel-Badeea
<hamdy.a.farag at inbox.com<https://mail.evision.ws/owa/redir.aspx?C=2b404e5f78fd4b938016d5e13ac96179&URL=mailto%3ahamdy.a.farag%40inbox.com>
<mailto:hamdy.a.farag at inbox.com<https://mail.evision.ws/owa/redir.aspx?C=2b404e5f78fd4b938016d5e13ac96179&URL=mailto%3ahamdy.a.farag%40inbox.com>>>
wrote:

Hi,

I found the group quiet , so how to participate and get to know people here
?

Regards,
Hamdy

--
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we
are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most