[Owasp-education] Owasp-education Digest, Vol 15, Issue 1

Seba seba at owasp.org
Tue Jun 9 13:16:43 EDT 2009


it's Keynote (presentation software on MacOS)

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 6:15 PM, David Movshovitz<dmovshovitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the format of files in the ZIP, what software is needed for them
>
> Best regards
>
> David Movshovitz
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 9:00 AM, <owasp-education-request at lists.owasp.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Send Owasp-education mailing list submissions to
>>        owasp-education at lists.owasp.org
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>        https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-education
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>        owasp-education-request at lists.owasp.org
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>        owasp-education-owner at lists.owasp.org
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of Owasp-education digest..."
>>
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>>   1. Donation of OWASP ASVS 1.0 ~2 day training deck
>>      (Andrew van der Stock)
>>   2. Re: Donation of OWASP ASVS 1.0 ~2 day training    deck (Seba)
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 11:30:36 +1000
>> From: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj at owasp.org>
>> Subject: [Owasp-education] Donation of OWASP ASVS 1.0 ~2 day training
>>        deck
>> To: owasp-education at lists.owasp.org
>> Message-ID: <AEF8331B-5C18-4AC3-BB3D-65095E7351A6 at owasp.org>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I am donating my full training 1.5 day to 2 day deck I gave at OWASP
>> AU 2009. As ASVS 1.0 is here now, I think there's a lot of reasons to
>> link the ASVS and Education projects. It's not often a full training
>> deck is released into the wild as for many companies, this is their
>> bread and butter, so please make full use of the donation.
>>
>> I am contributing the deck to the Education Project as is - it
>> certainly needs help to get to a truly polished state. I think the
>> areas that could be improved are:
>>
>> 1. It currently refers to ASVS 1.0 beta. Ensure every single ASVS 1.0
>> (release) topic is covered.
>> 2. Speaker's notes on every single slide.
>> 3. Break it up into modules so folks can download and use it piecemeal
>> 4. Narration using SlideShare or similar.
>> 5. It's currently at around 1.5 days, but needs to be 2 days. More
>> material or better labs need to be added
>> 6. Get the results up on the Wiki early and often.
>> 7. Ensure OWASP's standard copyright and licensing terms (CC) are
>> stuck in it so if it's stolen and abused, we have a method of
>> enforcement. I am releasing this to help OWASP, not for fee firms,
>> although they can use it with attribution (see the CC licensing)
>>
>> The original Keynote is here: (Zip compressed)
>>
>>
>> http://www.greebo.net/owasp/private/OWASP_AU_Secure_Architecture_and_Coding.zip
>>
>> The Powerpoint export is here:
>>
>>
>> http://www.greebo.net/owasp/private/OWASP_AU_Secure_Architecture_and_Coding.ppt
>>
>> The Powerpoint export is a bit broken compared to the Keynote
>> original. It will need cleaning up if you want to use that version
>> (not recommended). I suggest keeping the master as Keynote, and
>> exporting to Powerpoint or PDF as you need.
>>
>> I can certainly help out with advice and so on, but I have a very full
>> plate, so I would like someone to take it and run with this if they
>> can. I'll let the Education Project decide what happens to this baby.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Andrew
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL:
>> https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-education/attachments/20090609/170e3938/attachment-0001.html
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 08:05:30 +0200
>> From: Seba <seba at owasp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [Owasp-education] Donation of OWASP ASVS 1.0 ~2 day
>>        training        deck
>> To: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj at owasp.org>
>> Cc: owasp-education at lists.owasp.org
>> Message-ID:
>>        <cc88ce390906082305w70b3e5beq65a225cd52d7a6a3 at mail.gmail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> That is great!
>> Thank you for your donation: we will make sure it is made to good use
>> within the education project.
>>
>> We'll keep you updated on your 'baby' :-)
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Seba
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:30 AM, Andrew van der Stock<vanderaj at owasp.org>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi folks,
>> >
>> > I am donating my full training 1.5 day to 2 day deck I gave at OWASP AU
>> > 2009. As ASVS 1.0 is here now, I think there's a lot of reasons to link
>> > the
>> > ASVS and Education projects. It's not often a full training deck is
>> > released
>> > into the wild as for many companies, this is their bread and butter, so
>> > please make full use of the donation.
>> >
>> > I am contributing the deck to the Education Project as is - it certainly
>> > needs help to get to a truly polished state. I think the areas that
>> > could be
>> > improved are:
>> >
>> > 1. It currently refers to ASVS 1.0 beta. Ensure every single ASVS 1.0
>> > (release) topic is covered.
>> > 2. Speaker's notes on every single slide.
>> > 3. Break it up into modules so folks can download and use it piecemeal
>> > 4. Narration using SlideShare or similar.
>> > 5. It's currently at around 1.5 days, but needs to be 2 days. More
>> > material
>> > or better labs need to be added
>> > 6. Get the results up on the Wiki early and often.
>> > 7. Ensure OWASP's standard copyright and licensing terms (CC) are stuck
>> > in
>> > it so if it's stolen and abused, we have a method of enforcement. I am
>> > releasing this to help OWASP, not for fee firms, although they can use
>> > it
>> > with attribution (see the CC licensing)
>> >
>> > The original Keynote is here: (Zip compressed)
>> >
>> >
>> > http://www.greebo.net/owasp/private/OWASP_AU_Secure_Architecture_and_Coding.zip
>> >
>> > The Powerpoint export is here:
>> >
>> >
>> > http://www.greebo.net/owasp/private/OWASP_AU_Secure_Architecture_and_Coding.ppt
>> >
>> > The Powerpoint export is a bit broken compared to the Keynote original.
>> > It
>> > will need cleaning up if you want to use that version (not recommended).
>> > I
>> > suggest keeping the master as Keynote, and exporting to Powerpoint or
>> > PDF as
>> > you need.
>> >
>> > I can certainly help out with advice and so on, but I have a very full
>> > plate, so I would like someone to take it and run with this if they can.
>> > I'll let the Education Project decide what happens to this baby.
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> > Andrew
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Owasp-education mailing list
>> > Owasp-education at lists.owasp.org
>> > https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-education
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Owasp-education mailing list
>> Owasp-education at lists.owasp.org
>> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-education
>>
>>
>> End of Owasp-education Digest, Vol 15, Issue 1
>> **********************************************
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Owasp-education mailing list
> Owasp-education at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-education
>
>


More information about the Owasp-education mailing list