[Owasp-delhi] Reverse Engineering

Suman Sourav suman.sourav at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 17:03:17 EDT 2010

Hi Chintan,

As per my understanding, if software vendor prohibits reverse engineering in
their EULA, in such cases it is illegal. Also, section 1201(f) of THE
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT explicitly addresses reverse engineering
from the perspective of copyright infringement and software product code
cracking. For more details you can refer
www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf .

I hope this would help.

Suman

Owasp-delhi at lists.owasp.org