[Owasp-delhi] Tools for Web Server V A

Neelu Tripathy neelu.tripathy at tcs.com
Thu Feb 18 23:58:09 EST 2010

Hi ,

      Yes, NESSUS can be used for web server VA. It is recommended to use
the professional feeds, though. Besides you can fine tune your tests for
IIS in NESSUS.

Regards,
Neelu Tripathy
Security Analyst,  TEG
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: neelu.tripathy at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing

From:
"suresh tiwary" <sureshtiwary at rediffmail.com>
To:
<owasp-delhi at lists.owasp.org>
Cc:
<neelu.tripathy at tcs.com>, <ra.shrivastava08 at gmail.com>,
<shekhar.aryan at me.com>, <vinodh.kiran at teaqtech.com>
Date:
02/18/2010 05:50 PM
Subject:
[Owasp-delhi] Tools for Web Server V A

Dear OWASP Delhi,

Thank you all for the good information. but i am still confused whether
"NESSUS" is a web server vulnerability assessment tool or a Network
Assessment tool.

Please suggest.

The situation is: I have to perform the V.A of IIS using a tool. So how do
I start, Use NESSES and proceed or use any commercial tool. If commercial
tool, then which is the widely accepted commercial tool. A organization
cant have multiple commerical tool, so suggest A few commercial tools that
can perform web server V.A.

Also any checklist for IIS V.A ?

Thanks & regards,
Suresh

Note: Forwarded message attached

#320, 6c Cross, OMBR Layout | Bangalore 560 043, INDIA |Telefax: +91 (80)
4161 2610

Mailto: neelu.tripathy at tcs.com

From:
"suresh tiwary" <sureshtiwary at rediffmail.com>
To:
<owasp-delhi at lists.owasp.org>
Date:
02/17/2010 11:46 AM
Subject:
[Owasp-delhi] Tools for Web Server V A
Sent by:
owasp-delhi-bounces at lists.owasp.org

Issue: Tools for web server V A for IIS, Apache etc ?

Dear OWASP Delhi,

Can anyone provide complete and comprehensive information, sites of web
server vulnerability assessment by manual method and by automated tools.

1. What are the free tools / open source tools actually and
practically used for web serv V A ?

2. What are the commercial tools used for automated web server V A ?

3. How a manual web server v a is conducted ? Any checklist and the
practical process.

4. People can share their web server v a experience.

Thanks & regards,
Suresh

and any attachments. Thank you

 [attachment "CORE_IMPACT_Pro.pdf" deleted by Neelu Tripathy/TVM/TCS]

and any attachments. Thank you